Things I didn’t know I needed in my life until this week: Trekking sandals (so comfy!) Multi-purpose plaster (the kitchen renovations are on hold due to a fun national shortage) and these Oreo stuffed brownies.
The brownies came about because I was making hard boiled eggs but dropped one and cracked it. Not enough for everything to come out, but enough that it could no longer fulfill its hard boiled destiny. So, what’s a girl to do? Well, she grabbed two more eggs and turned them into brownies, that’s what.
I totally winged it and made up the recipe, but I actually think they’re the best brownies I’ve made to date – super fudgy and rich but not too sickly sweet. And they have Oreos in, so what’s not to like? I’ve actually had to put some in the freezer so I can’t just have access to them at all times…
I used a 20cm square baking tin for these and got 12 decent sized brownies.
- 125g dairy free dark chocolate (I used Tesco Finest)
- 3 eggs
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 100g self-raising flour (I used the Dove’s Farm Gluten Free version)
- 75g Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a tin with non-stick baking paper
- In a pan, melt the chocolate over a low heat
- When the chocolate has melted, mix in the sugar and stir until it’s slightly melted, but still a grainy texture
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Beat in the eggs and flour and mix until smooth
- In a food processor/blender, blitz the Oreos until they’re small pieces (but not a really fine crumb)
- Transfer half of the brownie mix into the tin, and smooth over so it’s level
- Add your Oreo pieces so they cover all of the brownie mix
- Add the rest of the brownie mix on top of the Oreo layer, being careful not to mix them too much, as you want the Oreo layer to stay in the middle!
- Place in the oven and bake for around 17 minutes, until the top is slightly cracked but the inside is still slightly ‘underdone’
- Leave to cool
- Once it’s cooled, slice and enjoy!